Waiting Child China
Events and News
Q and A
Come Visit Us
A FABULOUS PROGRAM IN HAITI
The beautiful children of Haiti are in need of loving homes!
The children of Haiti have parents who love them, but they are unable to care for their children due to the abject poverty that surrounds them. The children come to the orphanage to begin the journey to a loving family in the United States.
WHAT MAKES HAITIAN ADOPTION DIFFERENT THAN OTHER INTERNATIONAL ADOPTIONS?
- Only 3-4 Nights in Haiti and you can return home
- The process is FAST and EFFICIENT
- The children are well cared for and prepared for adoption
- Fees are much less than most international programs
WHEN YOU ARE REFERRED A CHILD YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A picture of your child
- A picture of your child with at least one birth parent
- A medical report with comprehensive test results
- A copy of all the adoption legal work completed in Haiti
WHEN YOU TRAVEL TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A Psychological evaluation of your child
- A Social History
- In some cases you may even have the opportunity to meet with your child’s birth family!
WHO CAN ADOPT FROM HAITI?
- Single women 30 years of age or over
- Married couples—Prior divorce accepted
- At least one parent MUST be 30 years of age.
- At least one parent MUST be a U.S. citizen.
- Parents must be Christian
- At this time, families must have no more than 4 children in the home at the time of placement.
WHAT IS AN ADOPTION FROM HAITI LIKE?
The children come from an orphanage which lovingly cares for them until their “forever families” can be found.
Both girls and boys are waiting for homes; from 4 months-15 years of age and you CAN parent either a boy or a girl. You may also choose a sibling group.
The children are tested for HIV, Hepatitis B, TB and Sickle Cell Anemia.
The adoption process is one of the fastest, 4-6 months from the time the family Dossier arrives in Haiti, until the family is ready to travel. Additionally we must allow time for clearance from the Immigration and Naturalization Service, assembling the necessary documentation for the adoption and the actual adoption in Haiti.
However, PLEASE keep in mind that there are variables over which Heritage has NO control which may affect this time frame. These variables include how long it takes to have your Home Study completed, to assemble the required documents and have them legalized, the adoption protocol in Haiti AND changes in U.S. Immigration regulations.
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
Please contact us for more information at 503-233-1099 or [email protected]
WHAT SERVICES WILL HERITAGE PROVIDE US?
- For Oregon and Washington residents, we prepare the Home Study. For non-residents, we review and work with your agency in the preparation of your study.
- Prepare and obtain Haitian Embassy legalization of the family Dossier, which is submitted to the Haitian government in order to process your adoption.
- Help with the process of obtaining the visa approval for your child, from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Refer your Dossier to Dr. Bernard for assignment of your child Process the referral of your child
- Coordinate your adoption journey to Haiti
- Provide you with our International Education course, which is an excellent guide through the adoption process
- Assist you in preparing for a trans-cultural adoption
- Provide encouragement and support while you are going through the most rewarding experience of your life
- Notify you of any changes or new procedures in adoption protocol, either in the US or Haiti, as we are notified
- Provide post placement reports for Oregon and Washington residents
- Provide professional adoption-related counseling by our Director of Education
IS IT POSSIBLE TO TALK WITH FAMILIES WHO HAVE ALREADY GONE THROUGH THE PROGRAM?
Yes, of course. We are happy to provide you with references.
Our staff members have all lived through the thrill of adopting and the wild ride of the paperwork; we believe in loving, professional, service to adopting families. We would love to share in the joys of this major life changing decision with you.
WHY SHOULD WE USE HERITAGE?